Intesting facts about the Wild Wonder Potatoes:
- Potatoes are actually vegetables but because they contain a lot of starch (carbohydrates) they are often placed in the same nutrition category as rice, pasta and bread.
- The word potato comes from the Spanish word patata.
- There are thousands of different potato varieties
- Although it shares the same name, the sweet potato is a root vegetable and only loosely related to the potato.
Wild Wonder varieties:
In every 5 kg carton or 1 kg bag of wild potatoes you will find at least 4 - 5 different varieties each with their unique taste and colour including:
- Karlijn (subtle sweet taste, yellow in colour)
- Ruben (oval shape, sweet, white color)
- Karst (red skin, orange / yellow on the inside)
- Esmee (purple skin and interior, great taste)
- Roden (red skin and flesh .. delicious)