1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
2. Grate the skin of the lemon, in order to have a nice bunch of zest.
3. In a large bowl, beat the oil, yogurt, eggs and sugar until froth and add the zest.
4. In another bowl, mix the almond flour, with flour and add the baking powder, salt, poppy seed and grinded cardamom.
5. Add the ‘wet’ ingredients to the flour mix and stir well.
6. Split the remaining two eggs: put the egg whites in a spotlessly clean bowl. Beat the eggs stiff until you can make peaks of the egg white.
(Tip: make sure the bowl and whisk are oil free, if not the egg white will not get stiff.)
7. Mix the whipped egg whites through the dough for extra airiness.
8. Cover the cake mold with baking paper.
9. Add the dough to the cake mold and put in the oven for about 40 minutes.
10. Leave to cool for about 30 minutes before attacking the cake! Meanwhile, prepare the lemon curd.
11. Bring to cook a bit of water in a cooking pan. Place another, smaller pan or stainless steel bowl in it for melting the ingredients au bain marie. Make sure the bottom does not touch the water.
12. Add the butter and sugar and leave to melt. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
13.Then add two whisked eggs and regularly whisk until thicker and creamier. This will take around 10 minutes.
14. Put the lemon curd in a small bowl and leave to cool.
15. Serve the lemon cake with the lemon curd and enjoy!