Some interesting facts about grapes:
- There are 60 species and around 8,000 varieties of grapes that can be found throughout the world today.
- One grape vine usually produces 40 clusters of grapes.
- Grapes belong to the group of berries.
- One cluster contains an average of 75 berries.
- It takes 2.5 pounds of grapes for the production of one bottle of wine.
- Grapes consist of 80% water. If they become raisins the water content is just 15%.
- Grapevine leaves are edible and full of nutrients.