Facts and tips about mushrooms:
- Mushrooms are the only Nature & More product which is not a plant
- They grow in the dark, so cultivation does not require a lot of energy
- The Netherlands are the largest producer of mushrooms in the EU
- A bit of thyme enhances the taste of fried champignons
- Don’t eat them raw. They contain agaritine which breaks down when cooked
- They’re also great with just a pinch of salt, some garlic and a shallot
- Don’t soak fresh mushrooms. Clean with a brush or paper.
- Don’t store next to strong smelling products, they absorb the aroma.