1. Shred the cabbage: Cut the cabbage in half and peel off a few of the thin outer layers. Cut each half into quarters, then cut out the tough core in the middle. And run the quarters through a food processor. Transfer the shredded cabbage to a salad bowl.
2. Shred the carrots: Peel the carrots, then either cut them into very small matchsticks or run through the food processor.
3. Finely chop the red onion. Toss the cabbage, carrots and onions together.
4. Whisk the dressing by mixing together the dressing ingredients. Bring to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Mix the coleslaw with the dressing and put it on the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
Easy trick: Get rid of excess water by salting and draining the cabbage before mixing the salad with the other ingredients.