Some interesting facts about apples:
- Apples are a member of the rose family of plants.
- The science of apple growing is called pomology.
- Don't peel your apple. Two-thirds of the fiber and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Antioxidants help to reduce damage to cells.
- It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.
- 25 percent of an apple’s volume is air; that’s why they float.
- A medium-sized apple has about 80 calories.
- Conventional apples are among the most heavily sprayed fruits.