Some interesting facts about mangoes:
- Mangoes have been around for more than 5000 years.
- Mangoes are considered the king of fruits because they’re so popular in many parts of the world. It is the national fruit of India.
- No other fruit has a higher Vitamin A content. One mango covers your daily need because its Rich in fiber, Helps build new cells, Strengthens your immune system & High levels of Vitamin C .
- Mangos contain an enzyme which acts as a digestive aid and contributes to a feeling of contentment.
- No matter how old the mango tree is, it can still bear fruits even after it reaches its peak age of 300 years.
- mangoes are good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and other anti oxidants that aids in keeping your immune system strong, fights cancerous cells, cholesterol control, and vision care.
- Mangoes are being produced in more than 90 countries across the globe with 77% contribution from Asian countries that includes 50% from India.
- Mango also possess a property of versatility because of its numerous varieties being produced throughout the world 400 varieties.
- Mango can be consumed raw or in the form of juices, ice creams, milkshakes and different types of salty and sweet dishes.
- Mango can survive couple of hundred years in the wild.