Some interesting facts about courgettes (or zucchini's):
- The flower of the courgette can be eaten, too.
- Courgettes that taste bitter should not be eaten! They are toxic due to a backcross or cross with a pumpkin.
- Small and medium courgettes often taste much better than the really big ones.
- Courgette plants have male and female flowers.
- Courgettes can be white, yellow, green or striped.
- "Zoodles" (zucchini noodles) are a good lowcarb substitute for spaghetti, or a fun addition in a salad.
- Courgettes are very low in calories, but packed with nutrients and naturally high in fibre.
- A source of folate and potassium.
- A source of vitamin C, K and B6.