Interesting Facts about Garlic ...
- To get rid of smelly garlic fingers simply rub a slice of organic lemon.
- Garlic is known as the “penicillin of the poor” or as “Russian penicillin” as it was given to soldiers in WW2.
- Garlic can help prevent infections, colds and flues. It is claimed that garlic can help reduce your cholesterol and reduce the chances of coronary disease.
- When cooking with garlic take your time ! Many home chefs mistakenly cook garlic immediately after crushing or chopping it. To maximize the health benefits, you should wait around 15 minutes before using freshly crushed garlic.
- Garlic has often been used in rituals. The myth of garlic repelling vampires is centuries old. They’ve been used in pagan and “white magic” traditions for years
- Garlic is a type of bulbous plant that belongs to the family of lilies. This plant originates from central Asia.
- Garlic and onions are toxic to cats and dogs.
- Drinking lemon juice or eating a few slices of lemon will stop bad garlic breath
- Garlic is one of the oldest food flavorings that as discovered in ancient times. Archaeological records speak that this seasoning plant was used even in Neolithic times, more than 7,000 years ago. Cultivation of garlic started about 4000 years ago.